What is SIPRelay?
SIPRelay® is a free service for deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals to place and receive text-based relay calls using a computer or mobile device. A Sorenson Communications Assistant (CA) relays the conversation between the hearing person on a telephone and the deaf person on SIPRelay.
How Does SIPRelay Work?
All you need to use SIPRelay is a computer with an internet connection, or a mobile device with either AOL Instant Messenger™ (AIM®) or SIPRelay Mobile for BlackBerry®. Hearing users can place calls to deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals by dialing their 10-digit local number and the call will connect to the CA and deaf recipient automatically.
Deaf or hard-of-hearing individuals must be registered with and verified by mySorenson before they are able to place calls using SIPRelay other than to 911. Please visit www.mysorenson.com to create an account. After registering, you will receive an email with instructions to verify your account. Once your account is verified, you will receive a local 10-digit number and be able to place and receive SIPRelay calls.Place an IP RELAY Call Now
SIPRelay Key Benefits
- Fast: Our technology means every call is relayed quickly.
- Quality: SIPRelay CA’s ensure that nothing is missed in a conversation, relaying every word, the emotion of the speaker, and every background noise.
- Real Numbers: SIPRelay users are assigned a local 10-digit number. Calls to this numbers can be sent to either an AIM account (on a computer or a mobile device with AIM) or to a BlackBerry using SIPRelay Mobile for BlackBerry.
- SIPRelay Mobile for BlackBerry: SIPRelay Mobile for BlackBerry provides a direct connection to Sorenson Communications CAs. Calls can be made from the application, the contact list, or call history and you can receive calls at anytime.
- Works with AIM on computers or compatible mobile devices: Simply add ‘siprelay’ to your AIM buddy list and send an IM with the number you want to call.
- No more “GA” or “SK” commands: SIPRelay is a time-saving service that allows you to instantly communicate without using “Go Ahead” (GA) or “Stop Keying” (SK) commands to complete sentences and calls. Simply use the “Enter” key when you are ready for the Sorenson CA to relay that part of the conversation.
*Mobile devices must be equipped with a wireless service plan that includes data capabilities. Mobile devices must have compatible AIM software installed to use SIPRelay with AIM. Additional charges from your wireless service provider may apply. See your provider for details.